- Expanded Keyboard
- Maltron Expanded Keyboard - French Language
Maltron Expanded Keyboard - French Language
The Maltron Expanded keyboard was initially designed with Cerebral Palsy in mind, but it provides enhanced access for most physically disabled and visually impaired users. It is robustly designed with a strong steel construction to withstand heavy use, and has a smooth wipe-clean surface
Maltron Expanded Keyboard
This Maltron Expanded Keyboard has been robustly designed with a strong steel construction to withstand heavy use, and has a nylon coating for a smooth wipe-clean surface. The keyboard was initially designed with Cerebral Palsy in mind, but it provides enhanced access for most physically disabled and visually impaired users.
The keyboard may also be placed on the floor or fixed at the foot of a bed to be used by toes.
This keyboard can be configured by the user to support French AZERTY or FOU (Frequency of Use) Letter layouts. The FOU layout may be selected by a special key combination and places the most commonly used keys in a central position on the keyboard, which reduces hand or foot movement to a minimum. The key tops are easily relocated to support either layout by taking off the top cover. Layout diagrams are included in the handbook. Supplied set up with AZERTY (Default) or FOU layout as requested.
The large surface area (62cm x 23cm) and built in keyguard are designed to reduce keyboard errors, enabling a higher work rate as a result of more accurate typing and data input. It has a USB connector with an in-line 5-pin DIN type snap-connector. The snap-connector is designed to separate if the connector cable is accidentally pulled tight, thereby helping to prevent damage to the keyboard or computer.
It has large, clear characters and key labels - black on white for alphanumeric and cursor keys, black on pink for function keys and black on yellow for control keys (alternative options are available if required).
We now offer an audio-visual feedback system for the Expanded Keyboard which can be selected as a purchase option. This will enable the Maltron Expanded Keyboard to "beep" and show a light whenever a key is correctly pressed. The feature may be turned on or off as desired and may be particularly useful for people with cerebral palsy (CP) who will not need to focus on the keyboard to confirm if a key has been pressed correctly.
- Extra SPACE keys for easier access.
- Sticky shift keys - these keys remain active until another key is pressed, eliminating the need to use two hands.
- Indicator LED's.
- Optional audio-visual keypress feedback system.
- A Shift Lock key - this key is provided to allow the shift function to be locked on.
- Variable repeat rate - allows the repeat rate to be turned off, or set at one of three speeds via the keyboard, subject to software.
- Extra keyboard socket - allows a standard keyboard to be connected to the expanded keyboard, and then used alongside simply by toggling a switch.
- AZERTY or FOU (Frequency Of Use) letter layouts can be user-configured.
- Angle Adjustment. The front slope angle can be changed from 13 to 53 degrees in 10 degree steps, by fitting the end plates supplied to give the preferred angle.
View a key layout diagram on this page.